Getting Involved With Jam & Justice
We've got a number of opportunities to find out more about the Jam and Justice project and whether you'd like to be involved - why not come along to an interactive workshop, a drop-in session or a social?
If you are thinking of getting involved in the Jam & Justice project, please fill out our Google Form
Jam & Justice is a three-year ESRC Urban Transformations project which aims to test and learn from new ways of developing more inclusive governance in Greater Manchester.
We want to recruit 15 participants to join us in forming an Action Research Collective. A call for participants will be formally released at the end of July, with a light touch application process. The ARC will be constituted from October 2016 onwards.
Before then, you need to decide whether you want to join us! There are a number of ways you can get involved to help you make up your mind:
- Come along to one of our three interactive workshops to work alongside us in designing the research.
- Arrange a 1-1 discussion to share your ideas and questions.
- Pop in for a chat at one of our drop-in sessions to speak to us in person about your ideas and interests in the project.
- Join us at a social to discuss the project in informal and relaxed settings.
These workshops are an opportunity to both actively contribute to a formative stage of the project, to get to know the project team, and for us to get to know you. If you're interested in attending, please fill out the Google Form.
- 15th June, 1000-1200: "Mapping the Context: Playing with Power Cubes" Old Fire Station, University of Salford
- 28th June, 1000-1200: "Transforming Greater Manchester?" Sacred Trinity Church, Salford
- 6th July, 1000-1200: "Co-Designing Inclusive Governance" 714b Maxwell Building, University of Salford
If you are really thinking about joining the ARC, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a one to one meeting to talk it through.
The following drop-in sessions are an opportunity to speak to a member of the project team. Please email us if you'd like to drop by.
7th June, 0900-1030: Beth @ Salford University, Maxwell Building, Room 433
10th June, 1100-1200: Catherine @ Inspire, Levenshulme
28th June, 1400-1600: Liz @ Cafe in Manchester Museum, Oxford Road
29th June, 1200-1330: Bert @ Salford University, Maxwell Building, Room 433
7th July, 1200-1330: Bert @ Salford University, Maxwell Building, Room 433
15th July, 0800-0930: Beth @ Salford University, Maxwell Building, Room 433
We were intending to organise an informal social, a bring-your-own-picnic at Alexandra Park in the afternoon of Saturday 2nd July. However, due to low confirmations, the threat of rain and other activities happening that weekend, we have decided to postpone. If you would like to attend a rearranged event, drop us an email and we will see what we can do: email@example.com.